The abacus used to be a popular method for various complex and simple calculations in ancient times. Abacus, primarily used in China, Europe and Russia before Hindu-Arabic number system came into place, had aided in calculations and were made using grooves of sand or woods. There were stones in the grooves that were moved around to finish calculations.
At present, the abacus is usually made out of bamboo or wooden frames. There are wooden beads on wires that can be moved around for calculations. Although abacus seems like an ancient method of performing calculations, the use of abacus in a time of smartphones and the advanced calculator is still just as important.
Strengthen your essentials of learning abacus
Initially used for calculations, the abacus classes is now used to help children understand the concepts of mental math and to improve their mental capabilities. Here is a list of essentials required to strengthen your learning of abacus:
- Engage the mind: Whether you are sending your child for abacus classes or are hoping to get in it on your own, you need to understand that it all about the mind. Your mind needs to be engaged before anything else in your soul or mind. The initial few classes may seem boring or even pretentious to some of you, but that is only natural. You will not be able to grasp something that is totally However, you need to keep your mind it at all times.
- Short-term Memory: Abacus requires you to make complex moves on the abacus board. You need to constantly move around the beads and keep track of the moves that you make. And to make sure that you are making all the correct moves, all you need to do is to strengthen your short-term It has now been proven through various studies, that if you need to process something, the information first needs to go through your short-term memory and abacus helps you stimulate your short-term memory.
- Underlying method: It may seem weird to accept this, but the learning process of the abacus is quite different from other types of subjects. Abacus differs from mental math as well. The main reason behind this is that the study of abacus makes use of the art of decomposition. Every problem that you will be given will be broken down on the abacus set-up and then solved. It will take some time and some practice for you to get the hang of this practice.
- Confidence: It should be known that every kind of learning is stoked by confidence. You need to understand that if you are not confident about this, you will probably never get it. However, if you are aware of your incapacities and believe that hard work and dedication will help you get over your issues, then you are right. Learning can never exist without confidence in the learner. Remember to keep your mind as calm as possible and indulge yourself in a bit of abacus every day!
Benefits of Abacus
Here is a list of some of the most important benefits of abacus:
- Increase your ability to endure pressure and stress.
- Sharpens your observation and concentration skills.
- Helps you get better in reading and writing.
- Mathematics becomes faster, easier and fun for you.
- Practising abacus not only improves your mental math but helps you visualize
There are many other benefits of the abacus and learning abacus. The main benefits to be gained out of learning to operate an abacus are for your mind. Abacus is nothing short of brain fodder! Enroll in a class today and learn abacus!
Bio: Engineers Career Point is a sought-after institute for entrance exam preparation for exams like IIT JEE, PSUs, ISRO, GATE, etc. With a distinguished pedagogue, it becomes easier for students to ace the examination.